My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, August 1, 2013

What is art to you now? Have your views changed, if so why?

From my art class I learned that art is the visual expression of an idea, a thought or experience that can be expressed with skills and where the artist uses a material to present it. Now I know that art is more than anything that can attract me. I learned that art can be expressed in many ways and that artists create or express it in different manners; they use their feelings or their bodies to let us know of important situations in the world, society, culture or in their personal life.

Of course, my views about art have changed dramatically because in the beginning of the course I had no idea how to recognize art. However, Professor Provisero taught me to focus on how the piece makes y emotions feel.Thus, to have rational thought of the piece, for example, to scann the piece, putting attention to surrounded areas, looking for details that could tell me something interesting. Finally, to have a balance, how I feel and what do I think about the piece, the aesthetic and the meaning. These are the things I've learned about art.


The professor always kept me motivated by watching the Art21 videos, pushing us to visit art museums, art galleries and looking for research to post in my blog. All this has opened my mind and now I appreciate the work of the artist. Furthermore, I have learned that art is among us, I just have to go to a museum, gallery exhibition, art street and look for what artists are creating. Thank you professor for the sublime way of teaching that art is passion, its sensibility is a personal universe, and that it is life! I will continue learning about art and using my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment