My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Creativity is huge: Janine Antoni

The creativity of one artist is unlimited, and each time I see a new one I discover something new, and Janine Anthony is not the exception. Her body and nature inspire her creativity. I was surprised to see that she used her long hair as a medium. She skillfully uses her hair as a big paintbrush, which leaves long lines in different forms on the paintings. Furthermore,  her self portrait feeding the cow, for me, is a clear call to society to take care of our resources, including the nature that give us life. She implicates that animals need us because together we cohabit the same place. I could say it is a way of gratitude towards animals. I like the way she emphasizes the current problems we face in the planet.


Cow that looked like it was nursing, uncategorized

                                                                          "Loving care" 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment