My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday, July 19, 2013

Wynwood: Rain of Creation

This was my first time going to Wynwood Artwalk Exposition. Although I had been invited by my son before, I never found the chance to go. The day I went it was raining, but my God I was amazed by the beauty of  the art, the variety of culture and the energy of its visitors.
First of all, I arrived to Alberto Linero's Gallery, there was a valuable display of beautiful paintings and interesting sculptures. However, one of the collections that grabbed  my attention was by the artisit Florentina Giannotta. Her art had vibrant colors,  intensely bright and unusual figures. Florentina was born in New York, from Italian parents. She has been living in Italy since she was five years old. She studied architecture with a focus on recovery of history centers. In 2005 her work on characters like Jean Austen, the English novelist, Napoleon and Christopher Columbus became art. She has participated in exhibitions around the world. She was commissioned to paint the altar piece for the curia of Lecce, Italy. In addition, her work is in permanent collection on the Diocesan Museum of Lecce. Here is a list of her art.

El Joven G. LaFay

Paul F.

Emma and Knightley

Don Pedro

George III

Lousa Carlota

Cardinal Pichelieu


In her figurative art I can appreciate the bright finish of the paintings. For example, she used pure hue red and blue which give intensity, as well as the black to emphasize details in the figures, such as the clothes and the background. Each piece of art has flowers, like they're living among beautiful gardens that they're enjoying. Thus, the lines that draw the clothes show me the rich and costly elaboration of the cloths worn.
I found a lot of value in her collection, specially because she is new to the art field and her exhibitions are in many countries.    


In the same gallery I found two sculptures of pregnant women, which I think is a delicate work as tribute to women during the gestation. I forgot to take notes of the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment