My Blog List

My Blog List

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Hands Touch Your Art: Louise Bourgeois and James Turrel

The art of James Turrel is spectacularly sophisticated and super modern. He uses technology and led lights to project his fascinating work. Their work installations unfold our senses of perception and sensation when appreciating them. The combination of elements he uses gives us an illusion, which our mind transforms into mass physically, but really don't exist. Thus, in his projections  perfect symmetry that is aesthetic is appreciated. The use of monochromatic colors in obscure places shows intensity and gives the sensation that we are traveling through an infinite tunnel. Without a doubt, he is a contemporary artist that uses technology.





When I saw the video of Louise Bourgeois in my art class, I was attracted by her art. Her hands sculptures say a lot about the persons. For example, playful hands of a child that take away the flower in a garden. In the same way two clasped  hands could be hands that caress. Hands that work hard to support their families or the same hands of Louise that originates meaningful art.

"The Woven Child"- I found it very interesting

My opinion is that both artist love nature and the human being . They have their own way to make art and share  them with the world. On one hand Louis is a poet that connects her art with poetry and on the other hand is Jame's spiritual energy that explodes in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment