My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sculpture by Pepon Osorio

I like the installation of work made by the Puerto Rican artist, Pepon Osorio. He reflects his culture, his believes and  his joyfulness. When at first time I saw his art, immediately what came to my mind was the Caribbean. I like the way he mixed media to give the forms of his sculptures. Pepon arranges carefully every piece of  his art using elaborates fabrics, wood, toys, plastic, hair, any kind of material that he can imagine.With his modern style, he presents to us any neighborhood of his natal Puerto Rico. In the same way, his creativity allows him to personalize a family into his sculpture or a popular barber. In addition, of the addition of colors and  forms of his sculptures, I like the story contained in each sculpture that he so masterfully creates. He is the people's artist. He interacts in a natural enthusiasm with his public. This artist considers a challenge being an artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment